After the success of our special School of Public Health Seminar held at Wacol last September, our colleagues at the Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research will again be hosting us for the September seminar this year.
You’re invited to attend our open seminar by Professor Harvey Whiteford’s Policy and Epidemiology group. Our research focuses on three main areas
Psychiatric epidemiology and burden of disease research
- determines the prevalence, distribution and risk factors for mental disorders
- estimates the mortality and disability from mental disorders
Mental health services research
- models and evaluates service system interventions for mental disorders
- develops measures of service performance
Mental Health policy analysis and research translation
- explores the use and impact of mental health research findings
- improves performance of the mental health sector through evidence informed policy development
Come and hear about our latest research. Afternoon tea will be provided after the seminar. There will be great mingling and networking opportunities.
Free bus from UQ Herston – A bus has been organised to transport staff from Herston to Wacol (30-45 min journey) and back again. The bus will be leaving UQ Herston at 12pm and will leave Wacol at around 2.30pm to return.
Car – Free parking available on site at the end of River Drive, Wacol
Public transport – 15 minutes-walk from Gailes Train Station
Spaces are limited so if you are interested in attending please RSVP to email@example.com
Click here for more information.