As individuals, good health is our greatest asset. As members of a global community, access to the best possible health advice and healthcare is fundamental to our quality of life.
At UQ, we’re committed to health in a big way. A key part of our core business is to advance understanding of how to best:
- promote and sustain good health;
- detect, prevent, and manage the chronic diseases that cause premature death and disability;
- build better healthcare services and systems; and
- educate the next generation of leaders and innovators in health.
Research and teaching in health at UQ is intensive, clinically-relevant and has the demonstrated capability to bring life-changing benefits for both individuals and whole populations. Health at UQ covers the full spectrum from the molecular to the macro, from the laboratory bench to the bedside, and from the biomedical to the behavioural sciences.
This Health at UQ website provides a portal to connect you to these world-leading educational and research programs in health that are embedded and distributed across multiple faculties and research institutes within the University and with our health and hospital partners.
Rankings and awards
2016 Academic Ranking of World Universities:
- UQ is ranked 55th in the world, its best-ever performance in this ranking, and the second-highest by an Australian institution in 2015
2015 Academic Ranking of World Universities:
- UQ is ranked 77th in the world.
- UQ is ranked 35th in the world in the field of life and agriculture sciences
- UQ maintained its Top-100 positions in clinical medicine and pharmacy (76-100 band)
2015 Performace Ranking of Scientific Papers
- UQ is ranked 45th in the world
2015 Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- UQ is ranked =60th
2015 US News Best Global Universities Rankings
- UQ is ranked 52th
2015 QS World University Subject Rankings:
- UQ is ranked =46th in the QS World University Ranking
- Psychology is ranked 18th in the world
- Life Sciences and Medicine is ranked 30th in the world
Group of Eight (Go8) Membership:
UQ is proud to be a founding member of the national Group of Eight (Go8) – a coalition of leading Australian universities, intensive in research and comprehensive in general and professional education.
The Go8 works to enhance member universities’ contribution to the world’s stock of knowledge and Australia’s social, economic, cultural and environmental prosperity. It aims to expand opportunities for Australian students, regardless of background, to participate in world-class higher education.