To achieve eligibility for Level A academic title, applicants will require the following skills and abilities:
- Be an effective clinical teacher, particularly at undergraduate level.
- Have devloped skills in clinical research, manage patient case load and will be involved in activities that foster links with the relevant profession.
- In teaching, will develop expertise in clinical teaching with the guidance of more senior staff, and with an increasing degree of autonomy. He or she will achieve teaching quality and will improve and innovate where appropriate in response to student and peer feedback.
- Will be developing clinical expertise, as evidenced by enrolment in and progress towards an advanced professional qualification or research higher degree.
- In service and engagement, will maintain strong links with the relevant profession and will contribute to service within the school in allocated roles.